Road Photos & Information: Victoria
||Bulleen Road, Thompsons Road, Foote Street, Williamsons Road, Porter Street, Newmans Road, Heidelberg-Warrandyte Road, Ringwood-Warrandyte Road & Jumping Creek Road (Metropolitan Route 42)
- Length: 25 km
- Eastern Terminus: Homestead Rd (unnumbered), Wonga Park
- Western Terminus: Doncaster Rd (MR36), Balwyn North
- Suburbs, Towns & Localities Along Route: Wonga Park, Warrandyte, Templestowe, Templestowe Lower, Bulleen and Balwyn North
- Road Authority Internal Classification: 5345 (Foote Street), 5363 (Bulleen Road), 5391 (Thompsons Road), 5806 (Ringwood-Warrandyte Road), 5809 (Heidelberg-Warrandyte Road) & 5901 (Williamsons Road) 1
Metropoltan Route 42 is an arterial route that links several of Melbourne's outer northeastern suburbs with rural communities east of the city. The route is interesting in that it terminates at an unnumbered road at Wonga Park.
Multiplexes along the route include:
- MR9, for 2 km, between Kangaroo Ground-Warrandyte Rd (MR9) at Warrandyte and Ringwood-Warrandyte Rd (MR9) at Warrandyte
- MR47, for 750 m, between Williamsons Rd (MR47) & Foote St (MR52) and Fitzsimmons Lane (MR47) & Porter St (TD2) at Templestowe
- MR52, for 2 km, between Templestowe Rd (MR52 / TD2) at Templestowe Lower and Williamsons Rd (MR47) at Templestowe
- TD2, for 9 km, between Fitzsimmons Lane (MR47) & Porter St (TD2) at Templestowe and Kangaroo Ground-Warrandyte Rd (MR9) at Warrandyte
- 1999: Work began on progressive improvements and pavement rehabilitation works which included replacement of the Jumping Creek Road bridge, improvements at the Stane Brae Court intersection, construction of the roundabout at the Ringwood-Warrandyte Road intersection, asphalt overlay of the road pavement from Ringwood-Warrandyte Road to Stane Brae Court, pavement delineation via line-marking of edge lines and installation of Raised Reflective Pavement Markers (RRPM) for the full length of the road and relocation and underground installation of utility and communication services. 2
Advance Directional Sign:
AD sign on Thompsons Rd (MR42) approaching the Eastern Fwy (M3) interchange at Bulleen, August 2015.
Image © Paul Rands
Thompsons Rd (MR42) at the Eastern Fwy (M3) interchange, Bulleen, August 2015.
Image © Paul Rands
1 VicRoads Road Maintenance Category - Road List Version 1, September 2012
2 Manningham City Council, Jumping Creek Road Development Framework 2016
Last updated: 26-Apr-2017 6:19
This site © Paul Rands. All rights reserved. Some portions © (copyright) by their respective and credited owners. Permission must be obtained before using any images from this site. For details, please email by clicking here.