Road Photos & Information: Victoria
||Somerton Road, Pascoe Vale Road, Ascot Vale Road, Epsom Road, Smithfield Road, Ballarat Road, Moore Street, Hopkins Street, Whitehall Street, Francis Street, Hyde Street, Douglas Parade, Ferguson Street & Kororoit Creek Road (Metropolitan Route 35)
- Length: 40 km
- Northern Terminus: Sydney Road (MR55), Somerton
- Southern Terminus: Fitzgerald Road (MR40) & Leakes Road, Laverton North
- Suburbs, Towns & Localities Along Route: Somerton, Coolaroo, Moonie Ponds, Kensington, Footscray, Yarraville, Spotswood, Newport, Williamstown & Laverton North
- Road Authority Internal Classification: 5199 (Hyde Street Arterial), 5207 (Douglas Parade), 5455 (Hopkins Street), 5456 (Moore Street), 5602 (Epsom Road), 5763 (Ascot Vale Road), 5819 (Pascoe Vale Road), 5880 (Hopkins Street & Whitehall Street, 5833 (Kororoit Creek Road), 5960 (Somerton Road), 6120 (Francis Street) & 6500 (Smithfield Road & Ballarat Road) 1
Metropolitan Route 35 is an arterial route servicing Melbourne's northern and western suburbs. A mix of divided and undivided roadway, it links several industrial centres with freeways and freight facilities. It also passes through residential and commercial areas.
Multiplexes along the route include:
- Metropolitan Route 39, for 1 km, between Maidstone St and Grieve Pde, Altona
- Metropolitan Route 50, for 1.7 km, between Somerville Road, Yarraville and Dynon Road, Footscray
- Metropolitan Route 58, for 2 km, between Somerton Rd (MR58) and David Munroe Dr, Roxburgh Park and Sydney Rd (MR55) & Cooper St (MR58) at Somerton
- Metropolitan Route 83, for 2 km, between Moore Street, Footscray and Smithfield Rd (MR83), Kensington
- Tourist Drive 11, for 7 km, between Millers Rd, Altona and Ferguson Street, Williamstown, and between North Rd, Williamstown and Craig Street, Spotswood
- 1849: Operation of a punt over Maribyrnong River at Footscray began by Michael Lynch. 2
- 1935: Construction of the third Lynch's Bridge over Maribyrnong River at Footscray. 2
Reassurance Directional Sign:
Distance sign on Pascoe Vale Rd (MR35) at Coolaroo, August 2015.
Image © Paul Rands
1 VicRoads Road Maintenance Category - Road List Version 1, September 2012
2 Heritage Council Victoria, Victorian Heritage Database, Lynch's Bridge over Maribyrnong River
Last updated: 25-Apr-2017 13:46
This site © Paul Rands. All rights reserved. Some portions © (copyright) by their respective and credited owners. Permission must be obtained before using any images from this site. For details, please email by clicking here.