Road Photos & Information: Western Australia
||Shepperton Road, Kenwick Link & Albany Highway
(State Route 30)
- Length: 402 km
- Northern Terminus: Interchange with Great Eastern Hwy (NH94 / NR1), The Causeway (SR5), Canning Hwy (NR1 / SR6), Shepperton Rd (SR30) and Albany Hwy (Unnumbered)
- Southern Terminus: Corner of the Chester Pass Road (NR1), South Coast Hwy (NR1), North Road, Hanrahan Road and Albany Hwy (TD3)
- Miscellaneous: Continues as Albany Highway, Tourist Drive 3, through to Middleton Road and York Street in Albany
- Suburbs, Towns & Localities along route: Victoria Park, Cannington, Gosnells, Kelmscott, Armadale, North Bannister, Williams, Arthur River, Kojonup, Cranbrook, Mount Barker, Narrikup, Orana and Albany
- Multiplexed with:
- Formerly: 3
- Road Authority Classification: H1 (Albany Highway) 1
State Route 30 is a major route in Western Australia, linking Perth with the southern port town of Albany and passing through Western Australia's Great Southern region and its South West region. The route in the Perth metropolitan area and also in Albany is multi-laned, arterial road standard, with it changing outside these areas to 2-lane rural highway standard with occasional overtaking lanes.
The route has a handful of multiplexes along its length, these include:
- Tourist Drive 205 from Bedfordale near Armadale, extending from the intersection with Carradine Rd through to Canning Dam Road in Bedfordale.
- State Route 107 from Coalfields Hwy intersection at Arthur River, through to Arthur Road also in Arthur River.
- 1853: A route from Perth to Albany was first proposed by Lt William Crossman of the Royal Engineers, who examined the feasability of possible Perth to Albany routes.
- 11 March 1994: Albany Highway widening from Leach Highway to Nicholson Road completed. 1
- May 1998: Kenwick Link opened. 1
- 2002 to 2004: Installation of audible edge lines and sealing of shoulders. 1
- June 2003: Road surface elevated and pavement rehabilitated, drainage system extended and improvements made to the verge in the Kelmscott area. 2
- 2006: Install traffic signals on the corner of Albany Hwy & Burslem Dr at Gosnells and also on the corner Albany Hwy and Paige Road at Armadale. 1
- April 2008: Opening of the roundabout with Muirs Hwy at Mt Barker, part of the Mt Barker Northern Bypass. 1
1 Main Roads Western Australia
2 Department of Planning and Infrastructure
3 Sam Laybutt (OzRoads)
Last updated: 08 Nov 2019 01:09
This site ©
Rands. All rights reserved. Some portions © (copyright) by their
respective and credited owners. Permission must be obtained before using
any images from this site. For details, please email by clicking