- Length: 580 km
Terminus: Princes Hwy (A10) at Geelong
Terminus: Maroondah Hwy (MR34) and Warburton Hwy (B380) at Lilydale
- Suburbs, Towns
& Localities Along The Route: Lilydale, Coldstream, Yering, Yarra Glen, Dixons Creek, Steels Creek, Castella, Glenburn, Devlins Bridge, Yea, Molesworth, Cathkin, Yarck, Kanumbra, Merton, Woodfield, Bonnie Doon, Maindample, Barjarg, Lima South, Swanpool, Yin Barun, Benalla, Nalinga, Cosgrove South, Pine Lodge South, Shepparton, Maroopna, Tatura, Byrneside, Stanhope, Corop, Elmore, Goornong, Bagshot, Huntly, Epsom, White Hills, Bendigo, Golden Square, Kangaroo Flat, Ravenswood, Ravenswood South, Harcourt, Castlemaine, Campbells Creek, Yapeen, Guildford, Mt Franklin, Daylesford, Eganstown, Blampied, Newlyn North, Newlyn, Springmount, Creswick, Waubra Junction, Mt Rowan, Ballarat, Mt Pleasant, Buninyong, Scotsburn, Clarendon, Elaine, Meredith, Lethbridge, Bannockburn, Gheringhap, Batesford, Hamlyn Heights, Bell Post Hill, North Geelong and Geelong
- Road Authority
Internal Classification: 6030 (Midland Hwy Link), 6300 (Melba Hwy), 6720 (Maroondah Hwy) and 6590 (Midland Hwy) 1
A300 / B300 is one of the longer routes in Victoria, acting almost as a loop covering several regions of country Victoria. It's a mix of single carriageway rural highway and divided highway.
Multiplexes along the route include:
- A79 (Calder Hwy) from Bendigo to Harcourt for 29 km
- B75 (Northern Hwy) at Elmore for 1 km
- B180 (Pyrenees Hwy) at Castlemaine for 1 km
- B340 (Goulburn Valley Hwy) from Yea to Cathkin for 18 km
- C291 (Clunies-Creswick Rd & Melbourne Rd) at Creswick for 800 m
- C347 (Heathcote-Rochester Rd) at Colop for 600 m
- 2006: Installation of traffic signals and pedestrian facilities at the intersection of Barker Street (Midland Highway) and Lyttleton Street in Castlemaine. 2
- 2007: Completion of the $10.6 million duplication of the Midland Highway in Geelong. The addition of four overtaking lanes between Batesford and Buninyong was made as well as the installation of a roundabout at Bannockburn. 3
- 2009: Installation of traffic lights at the junction of Maroondah Highway and Melba Highway in Coldstream. 4
- April 2010: Yarra Glen Truck Bypass opens to traffic. 5
1 Vicroads Road Management Plan, 30 October 2004
2 Minister for Public Transport, Media Release, Funding for Safety Improvements in Castlmaine, 18 August 2006.
3 The Premier of Victoria, Minister for Roads & Ports, Media Release, Midland Highway Improvements Between Geelong and Ballarat Finished.
4 The Premier of Victoria, Media Release, Coldstream Works Mark $7 Billion State Road Milestone, 16 September 2009.
5 The Premier of Victoria, Media Release, Highway Traffic Moves Early On Yarra Glen Bypass, 23 April 2010.
Rands. All rights reserved. Some portions ©
(copyright) by their respective and credited owners. Permission must be
obtained before using any images from this site. For details, please
email by clicking